Always the best climate for RENOVATION
Zehnder in Russell Hall at University of Georgia
The University of Georgia has gone under a $44.5 M renovation to Russell Hall with Zehnder Fan Coils as the centerpiece. This 10-story student housing building was opened in 1967 and houses 970 freshmen. The 213,000 square foot renovation began in spring of 2017 and is set to be completed in the Fall of 2018.
Zehnder provided Fan Coils to meet the University’s unique specifications in the compressed construction schedule, including:
- Individualized in-room temperature controls
- Factory mounted DDC controllers
- Factory mounted valve packages with ATC supplied zone valves and pipe connection locations as requested by contractor, including expandable foam packaging
- Custom security access panel on side
- Custom removable louvered supply grille with security fasteners for future repainting of louvers
- 2-10 VDC EC motors
- 14 GA heavy panel construction
For this project Zehnder’s engineering and design teams met with the sales representative, construction firm, mechanical contractor, engineering firm and University representatives. This included a trip to Buffalo, NY for a factory visit and full mock-up review to ensure complete product satisfaction.
Contact your Region Manager or the factory directly to see how we can help provide a solution for your customer needs today