Careers at Zehnder Rittling
Want to be a part of our team of highly skilled, dedicated employees and work in a company that is widely recognized as a leader in its industry?
Zehnder offers a highly competitive compensation and fringe benefits package including options for medical, dental, vision insurance, supplemental short term disability coverage, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, tuition assistance and relocation assistance.
If you are looking to join a team-oriented, fast-paced organization and meet the above qualifications, please apply for one of the jobs listed below:
Senior Product Engineer
Position Reports To: Vice President, Operations
The following is representative of the general details and knowledge, skills and abilities of this position and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements or qualifications that may be inherent in the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential position functions.
Designs, develops, refines, and evaluates mechanical components and systems for terminal HV AC products. Uses concurrent engineering to reduce product time to market while adhering to project deadlines and product costs. Plans, executes and manages product development projects, while supporting technical aspects of product commercialization. Serves as a key technical resource within the organization for induction beams, radiant ceiling panels, hydronic heating and air filtration.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Development of HV AC products from concept to production. Participation in multifunctional product development teams and liaisons with marketing for the development and specification of new concepts for HVAC products.
• Accountable for project planning and effective execution, as well as communication program status and escalating issues when appropriate.
• Evaluate and optimize concepts to meet target performance requirements, cost target, and manufacturability. Develop product designs and create prototypes from customer concepts and/or specs to test and validate ideas.
• Conduct rigorous problem solving to improve product designs, identify root cause and implement corrective action.
• Liaison with manufacturing engineers and supply chain personnel for the specification and sourcing of components and selection of suppliers.
• Communicate with suppliers, manufacturing engineering and operations to resolve issues and optimize design for manufacturability and efficiency.
• Assist end customer in resolving product related issues.
• All other duties as assigned by Manager.
• BS Engineering degree (BSME preferred)
• Minimum 5 years related HV AC design & development experience in a fast paced environment.
• Experience in executing complex problem solving techniques related to design/technical issues. Good instincts and sound judgment for mechanical and structural design.
• Good understanding of design/process failure mode effects analysis, design review based on failure mode (or equivalent), change management, design for manufacturing, and related quality control techniques.
• Good working knowledge of CAD/CAM/CAE computer systems, engineering materials and design, coating technologies and advanced manufacturing technologies. Fluency in SolidWorks a plus.
• Must be able to read and interpret complex engineering drawings and have a good understanding of dimensioning and tolerances.
• Must be able to plan, organize, and implement multiple concurrent tasks.
• Excellent interpersonal skills – able to express ideas and collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams.
• Strong report writing skills.
• PC literate (word processing, spreadsheets, data base) and strong knowledge of project management tools is essential.
• Ability to travel approximately 10% of time to meet suppliers and customers.
If you are looking to join a team-oriented, fast-paced organization and meet the above qualifications, please forward your resume to:
100 Rittling Blvd.
Buffalo, NY 14220
ATTN: Human Resources