Technical Specialist - HVAC
Zehnder Rittling is seeking candidates for the position of Technical Specialist - HVAC. The following is representative of the general details and knowledge, skills and abilities of this position and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements or qualifications that may be inherent in the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential position functions.
Provides general technical support to external and internal customers. Handles field troubleshooting calls on both new and existing installations. Analyzes customer needs and recommends product application solutions. Assists in processing custom orders. Identifies and implements departmental improvement measures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly interacts with customers (general contractors, consulting engineers, building owners, installing HVAC contractors) through independent sales representatives on a technical level to specify an existing product or develop new specifications to meet their needs. Preparation of plan and specification of equipment selections, job quotations, and creation of submittals.
- Read, interpret, and understand electrical engineering drawings.
- Technical resource to customer service, application engineering, and product management to provide solutions to mechanical/electrical/control problems and to analyze existing product deficiencies.
- Communicate with customers and understand their custom needs, identify feasibility and/or provide an alternate solution along with pricing to accomplish the customization
- Works as part of the team, trains and assists others to accomplish company objectives.
- All other duties as assigned by Manager.
Education and/or experience:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent; or minimum 2 years related experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- HVAC industry specific electrical knowledge and experience is highly desirable
- Ability to read, interpret and understand electrical engineering drawings.
- Ability to communicate with customers and understand their custom needs, identify feasibility and/or provide an alternate solution along with pricing to accomplish the customization
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- High technical comprehension skills and ability to present ideas into easily communicated messages.
- Ability to do some limited day and overnight travel.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Microsoft Windows Office, Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- While traveling may be required to visit job construction sites presenting various obstacles.
Zehnder Rittling offers a highly competitive compensation and fringe benefits package including options for medical, dental, vision insurance, supplemental short term disability coverage, life insurance, 401(k) plan with company match, tuition assistance and relocation assistance.
If you are looking to join a team-oriented, fast-paced organization and meet the above qualifications, please forward resume and salary history to:
100 Rittling Blvd.
Buffalo, NY 14220
ATTN: Human Resources
E-mail: HR@zehnder-rittling.com (as Word attachment only)